Upload fails when hypens are present

Jun 28, 2011 at 8:03 AM

As the title states, uploads will fail if there are hypens in the filename of the uploaded file - it will however work if they are substituted for underscores.  Having not looked at the source for the Silverlight project I really don't have a clue what is going on, but I'm guessing that it could be a issue for a few people as hypens in image file names on the net are certainly more than common!

Other than the above, great little app - keep up the good work, and hopefully we'll see a fix some time in the future :D

Coordinator
Jul 3, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Ellios,

Thank you for the heads up on this. I will mark it down and see what is going on. I’ll have to look at this code again and see why it is not accepting the character ‘-‘

Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 1:04 AM
To: john.mendez@xdevsoftware.com
Subject: Upload fails when hypens are present [tinyslupload:263046]

As the title states, uploads will fail if there are hypens in the filename of the uploaded file - it will however work if they are substituted for underscores. Having not looked at the source for the Silverlight project I really don't have a clue what is going on, but I'm guessing that it could be a issue for a few people as hypens in image file names on the net are certainly more than common!

Other than the above, great little app - keep up the good work, and hopefully we'll see a fix some time in the future :D

Jul 4, 2011 at 7:06 AM

Many thanks, I have not tested in depth - but it seems to occur more times than not, especially with a 2-3+ hyphenated SEO friendly file name.  I'd love to have a look myself, but sadly do not have a clue about Silverlight projects and would not have a clue where to start.

Once again,it's great little tool though - there doesn't seem to be many asp.net image upload plug-ins for this editor, which makes this one (being so good) worth it's weight in gold.